HS15: Urban Natures
This interdisciplinary Working Group explores two questions:
- How are natural landscapes and species brought into urban contexts through art, architecture, design, and human life?
- What are the weedy, and unruly forms of plant and animal life that take root in cities?
Active since: 2022
Open to New People
- Syracuse University
- Cornell University
In our inaugural year of work, we hope to work toward the following three goals:
- Provide a place for interdisciplinary exchange;
- Provide a venue for scholars (particularly junior scholars) to share and receive constructive feedback on work-in-progress; and
- Build toward expanded collaborations between colleagues in and beyond the Central New York region.
Assistant Professor of Geography, Syracuse University
Professor; Michael A. McCarthy Professor of Architectural Theory, Department of Architecture, Cornell University
Assistant Professor, Anthropology, Cornell University
Associate Professor, Art and Music Histories, Syracuse University