HS15: Urban Natures
This interdisciplinary Working Group explores two questions:
- How are natural landscapes and species brought into urban contexts through art, architecture, design, and human life?
- What are the weedy, and unruly forms of plant and animal life that take root in cities?
Open to New People
Active since: 2022
- Syracuse University
- Cornell University
In our inaugural year of work, we hope to work toward the following three goals:
- Provide a place for interdisciplinary exchange;
- Provide a venue for scholars (particularly junior scholars) to share and receive constructive feedback on work-in-progress; and
- Build toward expanded collaborations between colleagues in and beyond the Central New York region.
Assistant Professor of Geography, Syracuse University
Professor; Michael A. McCarthy Professor of Architectural Theory, Department of Architecture, Cornell University
Assistant Professor, Anthropology, Cornell University
Associate Professor, Art and Music Histories, Syracuse University
No upcoming activities. Check back soon!