PCT12: Moral Psychology
Our working group's goal is to bring together philosophers whose work focuses on the complex relations between values and mind for fruitful interaction and discussion. We are open to traditional as well as empirical approaches to the subject.
Open to New People
Active since: 2018
- Syracuse University
- Le Moyne College
- Union College
Our goal was primarily to facilitate conversation about issues in moral psychology, to provide speakers with useful feedback on their work, and to develop a sense of community. These goals were accomplished through the planning and execution of our one budgeted event, which was the CNY Moral Psychology Workshop. It was held on Dec 4, 2021.
- Ludger Viefhues-Bailey, Professor, Le Moyne College
- William Day, Professor of Philosophy, Le Moyne College
- Ivy Gilbert, Ph.D. Student, Cornell University
- Megan Hillenbrand, Student, Le Moyne College
- Kristin Kadaji, Le Moyne College
- Irene Liu, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Le Moyne College
- Migdalia Arcile-Valenzuela, Ph.D. Student, Cornell University
Four papers received feedback on their work from Workshop participants. While it is too soon to tell where these papers will eventually be published, it is hoped that they will credit our Workshop. We were also to draw at least one student into the conversation at the workshop, who is now considering a philosophy major.