Annual Fall Writing Retreat
New Director-led Corridor Initiative!
October 7-9, 2022: Minnowbrook Conference Center (Blue Mountain Lake, NY)
Award: 2 nights’ lodging, meals, tuition (attendance for the retreat duration is required)
Application period closed January 31, 2022.
Connect with scholars from across the Corridor, learn how to make your writing more sustainable and fulfilling, and make meaningful progress on your project. Awardees in the cohort will have additional time to network, consult, and enjoy the Adirondack setting. Space is limited; all proposals will be reviewed in early spring, and awardees notified in March.
Who is eligible? Tenure-line faculty (untenured faculty; mid-career faculty; and Full Professors) in the Humanities and related interdisciplines from Corridor institutions.
Especially encouraged to apply are:
- faculty who currently or historically have been in service-heavy administrative roles
- BIPOC faculty, LGBTQ+ faculty, women faculty, and/or first-generation faculty (i.e., first in your family to attend college).
Applicants should be interested in … participating in a supportive, professional, cross-disciplinary scholarly community; exploring new tools and writing strategies; tackling writing obstacles and identifying research momentum strategies; and advancing a piece of writing. The application will ask for details about your writing project and goals.
By the end of the retreat, each participant will … make measurable progress on their writing; understand barriers that can impede research momentum; implement at least one strategy for addressing such barriers; and be able to integrate that strategy into their writing practice.
Sample Schedule (subject to change):
- Friday: Check-in; Lunch; Welcome Session/Cohort-wide Opening Workshop; Writing Blocks/Optional workshop/consultations; Reception/Dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast; Writing Blocks/Optional workshop/consultations; Lunch; Writing Blocks/Optional workshop/consultations; Reception/Dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast; Cohort-wide Wrap-up Session; Writing Block; Lunch; Departures