Vivian M. May · Director of the Humanities Center and Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies, Syracuse University.
Joan Shelley Rubin · Dexter Perkins Professor in History, Director of Graduate Studies, and the Ani and Mark Gabrellian Director of the Humanities Center, University of Rochester.
Paul Fleming · L. Sanford and Jo Mills Reis Professor of Humanities, Taylor Family Director of the Society for the Humanities; Professor of German Studies and Comparative Literature, Cornell University.
Advisory Board Members for 2019-20
The Principal Investigator/Directors administrative structure is supplemented by the CNY Humanities Corridor Advisory Board.
- Patrick Williams, Syracuse University, Representative
- Amanda Eubanks Winkler, Syracuse University, Representative
- Annette Richards, Cornell University, Representative
- Debra Castillo, Cornell University, Representative
- Jessica Lacher-Feldman, University of Rochester, Representative
- Anaar Desai-Stephens, University of Rochester, Representative
- David McCabe, Colgate University, Representative
- Tom Wilson, Hamilton College, Representative
- John Monteleone, Le Moyne College, Representative
- Gregg Lambert, Syracuse University, ex-officio (Principal Investigator, 2008-2019)
Syracuse University, Cornell University, and the University of Rochester are represented by the Principal Investigator/Director at each campus. In addition, two members are selected from each of the CNY Humanities Corridor’s founding institutions. Other partner institutions are represented by one member [in addition to any ex-officio administrative member(s)].
Representatives are invited to serve from each campus. Criteria for representative eligibility are adaptive to interest and participation. Representatives are appointed to a term of three years. The initial slate of representatives was represented in the 2017-18 academic year during the March 2018 planning meeting.
At the annual CNY Humanities Corridor fall conferences, the Advisory Board receives reports on the previous year’s activities, programming, and budget. Based on these reports, the Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Directors for the purpose of the following year’s review and award process conducted by the Directors. The Advisory Board may also recommend larger program changes (e.g. changes to the current research cluster configuration).
A Platform for Future Collaborations
The Corridor holds annual conferences each fall at rotating locations to:
- Gather Advisory Board members to make programmatic recommendations for the coming year to the Principal Investigator/Directors;
- Highlight the CNY Humanities Corridor’s activities over the course of the year; and
- Provide faculty and academic staff with enhanced opportunities to network with colleagues from across the Corridor.
Previous Advisory Boards
Gregg Lambert, Syracuse University, Director
Paul Fleming, Cornell University, Director
Joan Rubin, University of Rochester, Director
Kendall Phillips, Syracuse University, Representative
Amanda Eubanks Winkler, Syracuse University, Representative
Esra Akcan, Cornell University, Representative
Debra Castillo, Cornell University, Representative
Peter Christensen, University of Rochester, Representative
Jessica Lacher-Feldman, University of Rochester, Representative
David McCabe, Colgate University, Representative
Tom Wilson, Hamilton College, Representative
Julie Grossman, LeMoyne College, Representative
Vivian May, Syracuse University, ex-officio